¡Touching the perpetual snow of Tolima Volcano!
From $622,800 COP Colombian Pesos
The Tolima Volcano is perhaps the most attractive mountain to trek and climb in Colombia. The conic volcanic shape makes it the mountain that generate a unique scenery for the practice of outdoor sports. Is located inside the National Natural Park Los Nevados and rises to 5220 m. This experience unifies several Colombian ecosystems, achieving the goal of appreciate the high Colombian Mountains.
6am.Starting point from Cocora Valley a sacred place that keeps the world tallest wax palmsthrees. Trekking along the amazing cloud forest, we will pass 6 bridges passing by the Acaime natural reserve and keeping up until Estrella de Agua (Water star 3100m). Estimate time 3.5 hours. 9 km.
12.30 pm. After the lunch, we start again the path from Estrella de Agua, reaching the Páramoecosystem considered essential for supporting life and found in just 4 places in the world, then to the farm La Primavera where we will sleep for the night (3750m)
After having a nice mountain breakfast, we will start the trek to the glacier border of Tolima Volcano, this will take us across the valley, seeing a few farms that have been living there approximately 100 years ago.
If the weather is kind with us we will see the summit all the time. After reaching the glacier we will visit the lake El Encanto and keep down to the farm Primavera.
7am. Descending to Cocora Valley, taking a different route as the ascent, along the cannon ofthe Cardenas River, plenty and with and infinite richness of fauna and flora, we will reach again the Quindío oldest and typical town, Salento.
- Sun glasses with uv filter (not using it can cause eye damage and temporal blindness) Headlamp
- Bottle for water and some hydrating beverage.
- Concerning the clothing we are going to wear like the three layers mountain theory. Cap, night head cover, gloves, spare socks.
- Sun screen with a high quality uv protection filter.
- Trekking poles (optional)
- Mountain boots or trekking boots
- A day back pack between 20 to 40 lts
- Personal medication and health care items.
Note: Please try to take as least equipment as you can.
Complete alimentation from the day one lunch to the 3 day lunch
Private transport from Salento to Cocora and from Cocora to Salento. Mountain professional guide
Health and accident insurance
Shared bedrooms for two nights in a mountain farm. (Basic services, beds with covers).
Not specified costs.
- Coffee tour in a traditional coffee farm. Resting in hot springs
- Visit to Filandia, one of the most beautiful traditional town in the coffee triangle. Hike or horse ride to the tunnels and Boquia waterfall