Montañas Colombianas, a Colombia tourism operator, has foundations and principles founded in our sustainability policy. We are a company that aims for the development of the regions where ecotourism is developed, this is one of the reasons why we make all of our activities inside protected areas where the community provide us with all the services needed (food, hosteling, transportation, etc.). Concerning this we define our way of living and working to the minimum impact to the ecosystems, implementing principles and improvements for the company looking to keep sustainable. We are ruled by three main principles:
- We know the mountain perfectly along with all that happens within it.
- We work with local communities that are willing to try and make a change.
- We don´t have clients in the mountain, we have friends.
With the environment (natural + community backgrounds)
Aim for changing damaging habits in the locations where we work, this is going to be achieved taking responsible tourism to the communities that traditionally are dedicated to the stockbreeding and agriculture on Páramos ecosystems, trying to lower the impact over this delicate area generated by this historical practices.
We generate minimum waste, we have programs to minimize and reuse the generated residues.
- We have a program that consist on the fully change of commercial batteries for rechargeable, so we can achieve cero batteries buying.
- We are a company that works in a personalized way, this results in smaller groups in accordance with the ecosystem people capacity and paths tolerance.
With our suppliers
We use just certified or local suppliers that are willing to offer their whole productive chain.
- We hire our services with the community people that have shown us their will to make changes in the ecosystem damaging practices.
- We schedule workshops and courses in accordance with the territory where our service suppliers are located.
- Our services include alimentation and snacks, we look in a big percentage, first to acquire this products from organizations, companies and local communities avoiding long distance transported products, so the effect generated is lower. In the same way, acquiring quality products handcrafted made, assuring that envelops and other waste is going to be produced to the minimum, always looking for biodegradable alternatives.
With our visitors and mountain companion.
- Montañas Colombianas do not take the visitors as clients, you are all our friends in the mountains.
- Our services are focused in giving advice before and during the expedition, in a very personalized way. That´s why our itineraries are created as each person size.
With our work team.
- Our work team is our family, that is why we are in permanent training.
- We offer benefits and proper conditions for improving and thriving the life quality of each of our work team members.
Following the statement said in the article 17 of the law 679 of 2001, we advise to all visitors that the exploitation and sexual abuse of under aged people and all people, is punished in the country penal and administrative in accordance with the existing laws.
- Pack just what you are going to need, in order and things in good shape. Do not leave anything at any moment during the travel.
- Minimize the usage of packages or non-recyclable items.
- All the residuals and items carried to the mountain must come down to the adequate garbage places in the cities or towns or give the trash to the company, so we can make a proper treatment for these residuals.
- Protect water sources. Do not pollute it washing things, throwing food oil or any other item that is not part of the ecosystem.
- When buying equipment, clothing or any other element for your trips, make sure is eco-friendly, if possible biodegradable, things that do not generate high impact trash.
- Do not take with you or bring in to the visited ecosystems, any vegetal or animal item.
- Leave your pet at home or in pet care facilities, their presence in the places that we are visiting, is not appropriate.
- Learning and sharing with the locals is a great experience, always choose local services and respect their traditions and culture.
- Please follow all the time the guide and local support indications, do not go out of the trails or get far from the group.
- Visit the mountain with responsibility, previous planification and in small groups in order to generate less environmental impact. Thank you for your support and responsible visit.
“The exploitation of human beings, in any way, specially sexually, and particularly when children are affected, compromise the tourism fundamental objective and constitute a denial of its essence. Therefore, having the international law, this crime must be fought without stops with the cooperation of all the countries involved, and be sanctioned strongly in the main legislations of the nations visited and the countries of the actors of these acts, even when committed in foreign countries.” (5 Art 2, Incise 3, Tourism Ethic world Code)
We are part of the responsibility code that the law represents, law 300 of 1996 and the sections 1075 from 1997. In the same way we are committed with the prevention of the children sexual exploitation, sexual tourism and other ways of abuse to underaged ESCNNA Law 1336 from 2009)(Law 679 from 2001, art 16,17,19) against the work exploitation in children code.