¡Exceptional Trek in 3 days and a half in the middle of the mountain culture!
From $714,600 COP Colombian Pesos
The treks that Montañas Colombianas propose, allow to cross on feet from one Colombian department to another without returning to the same place, experiencing several ecosystems. One of the most asked trek, starts at Potosí (3850m) passing by the Otún Lake until the Cocora valley (2400m), this itinerary save energies avoiding having to go up to much, in order to enjoy better the views and spectacular landscapes along the trail.
6am. Starting point from Pereira city, Santa Rosa de Cabal or Manizales in 4×4 vehicle using anon-paved road for 2.5 hours. Along this journey you will enjoy the Colombian mountain scenarios, getting to see inter Andean canyons and valleys that go all the way to the Andean central mountain range.
We will have the breakfast in a typical mountain farm and the register the entrance to the National Park, the officers will give us an informative speech before keeping up with our journey.
10am: We will start the trek to the next farm where we will spend the night. We will pass asidethe Otún lake, considered the most beautiful and biggest of the national park, also we will be walking inside the Paramo ecosystem, a unique place just found in 4 places of the world.
7am: We will enjoy a powerful breakfast and the prepare bags to start the next adventure tothe Paramillo of Quindío approximation hills, this is a great mountain with sand and earth colors and a magical wet land that make the mountain colors brighter. There we will have a travel lunch and then meet the place where the river Cardenas born, with some luck we will be able to see at the distance the Tolima Volcano.
At the end we will reach our resting farm with a magnificent view point of the whole Cocora valley, we will spend the afternoon with the traditional mountain people.
7am: After breakfast we will hit the trail to the cloud forest. This forest is the home of a hugevariety of flora and fauna and has a big importance for water in Colombia.
After that we will finally reach the Cocora Valley, so we can enjoy the tallest wax palms of the planet. We will have time for pictures and continue the way to Salento, the oldest and typical Quindío town.
- Private 4×4 transport
- National Park entrance
- Complete alimentation from the day 1 breakfast until day 3 travel lunch Snacks
- Health insurance
- Local mountain Guide
- Trekking poles (optional) Water purification
- Rain coat (optional)
- 2 nights in mountain farms (Basic comfort and services, shared rooms, comfortable bed with covers).
Services not specified before
- Sun glasses with uv filter (not using it can cause eye damage and temporal blindness) Headlamp
- Bottle for water and some hydrating beverage.
- Concerning the clothing we are going to wear like the three layers mountain theory (onion theory)
- Cap, night head cover, gloves, spare socks.
- Sun screen with a high quality uv protection filter. Trekking poles (optional)
- Spare clothing and sandals for rest in the farms Mountain boots or trekking boots
- Back pack minimum volume 30 L maximum 50 L Personal medication and personal care elements.
Note: Please try to take as least equipment as you can.
Coffee tour in a traditional coffee farm. Resting in hot springs
Visit to Filandia, one of the most beautiful traditional town in the coffee triangle. Hike or horse ride to the tunnels and Boquia waterfall