¡Beautiful trek between Los Nevados visiting the Otún Lake!
From $471,600 COP Colombian Pesos
This nice trek proposed by Montañas Colombianas allows a circular trail where you will not use the same way twice. This itinerary Is planned for those who don´t have much time but still want to see the beauty of the mountain. You will experience time in the Páramo ecosystem and the astonishing Otún lake, considered the most beautiful in the Park and the the biggest water mirror.
6am. Starting point from Pereira city, Santa Rosa de Cabal or Manizales in 4×4 vehicle using anon-paved road for 2.5 hours. Along this journey you will enjoy the Colombian mountain scenarios, getting to see inter Andean cannons and valleys that go all the way to the Andean central mountain range.
We will have the breakfast in a typical mountain farm and the register the entrance to the National Park, the officers will give us an informative speech before keeping up with our journey.
10am:We will start the trek to the next farm where we will spend the night. We will pass asidethe Otún lake, considered the most beautiful and biggest of the national park, also we will be walking inside the Paramo ecosystem, a unique place just found in 4 places of the world.
Day 2: 7am. After having a nice breakfast, we will head to the primitive and preserved cloudforest that cross 3 conservation parks: Otun Quimbaya fauna and flora Sanctuary, Ucumarí Natural Regional Park and National Natural Park Los Nevados. With some luck, we will see the shouting monkeys and hear their great shouts. We will reach the final point where we will climb up a traditional Colombian truck called “chiva”, that for 2 hours will take us back to Pereira.
- Private 4×4 transport National Park entrance
- Complete alimentation from the day 1 breakfast until day 2 travel lunch Snacks
- Health insurance Mountain Guide
- Trekking poles (optional) Water purification
- Rain coat (optional)
- 1 night in mountain farm (Basic comfort and services, shared rooms, comfortable bed with covers).
Mules for the personal bags
- Coffee tour in a traditional coffee farm. Resting in hot springs
- Visit to Filandia, one of the most beautiful traditional town in the coffee triangle. Hike or horse ride to the tunnels and Boquia waterfall
In the middle of the trek: It can be included the Summit attempt to Tolima volcano, adding one day between day 2 and 3.