¡Cross the Park Los Nevados from west to east walking around the majestic Tolima Volcano!
From $1,197,000 COP Colombian Pesos
The treks that Montañas Colombianas propose, allow to cross on feet from one Colombian department to another without returning to the same place, experiencing several ecosystems.
Highly asked, this trek is one of the most complete itineraries. Starts from Salento (Quindío) reaching Ibagué (Tolima), being able to enjoy in the middle of the trek the natural hot springs at 3900m located at the middle of the Páramo at the side of Tolima Volcano.
7am: Breakfast at Salento, and transport in a traditional private vehicle to Cocora Valley. Afteran informative talk we will start our adventure from the bottom of Cocora Valley, along the cannon of the Cardenas River. We will go up until reaching the highland where we will enjoy the delicious trekking lunch, with a spectacular view of the whole canyon and the cloud forest.
After that we will trek at the side of the curved mountain and arrive to the farm La Argentina. This will be our resting point where we will be able to share with the traditional mountain family. There we will learn, with a cup of coffee and the great feeling of this people, the dynamics of the life at this high.
7am: After having a delicious farmer breakfast, we will start the trek to the farm La Primavera,we will keep hiking up until the highest point of 4000m called the Line, If the weather is good enough we will get closer to the Wetlands of the Paramillo, go a little bit back and then go down until the farm La Primavera where we will sleep for the night (3750m). This day will be a full immersion in the Páramo ecosystem.
6 am: We will start our day going out from la Primavera after breakfast, and take the trail untilthe Cañon natural hot springs located at 3950 m, where while you are having a relaxing bath you will be looking at Tolima Volcano and Nevado of Ruiz, in the middle of the Páramo and nice hills. The trek will pass the Lake El Encanto, crossing the Pleasure Valley and finally after going up and down and up again son hills we will reach the thermal pools. We will spend the night in tents.
In the morning we wil have time to have a quiet breakfast, and if you wish a thermal bath. Then pick up the camping, and start the trek to go through the final part of Tolima Volcano, and face to Palomar, crossing very ancient Páramos and amazing views. In Palomar we will rest in beds with comfy covers.
We will have an early delicious breakfast in Palomar and then keep going using a private vehicle that will take us to the town Anzoátegui, two ours in total. From Anzoátegui we will take another vehicle that finally will leave us at Ibague city, the capital of Tolima department. Once there we will celebrate the adventure with a nice and last lunch.
- Sun glasses with uv filter (not using it can cause eye damage and temporal blindness) Headlamp
- Bottle for water and some hydrating beverage.
- Concerning the clothing we are going to wear like the three layers mountain theory. Cap, night head cover, gloves, spare socks.
- Sun screen with a high quality uv protection filter. Trekking poles (optional)
- Mountain boots or trekking boots
- A day back pack between 20 to 40 lts
- Personal medication and health care items.
- Complete alimentation from day 1 breakfast to day 5 lunch at Ibagué Snacks and hot beverages.
- Accommodation 3 nights in Mountain farms specified in the itinerary, one night in camping at the Hot springs.
- Entrance cost for the Hot springs Emergency insurance for 5 days
- Private transportation specified in the itinerary Specialized mountain guide 5 days.
- Camping cooking equipment, dishes and eating set. Trekking poles (if needed)
- Water purification Rain poncho.
- Tent, sleeping, sleeping pad.
Mules for the personal bags
Services not specified before.
- Coffee tour in a traditional coffee farm. Resting in hot springs
- Visit to Filandia, one of the most beautiful traditional town in the coffee triangle. Hike or horse ride to the tunnels and Boquia waterfall
In the middle of the trek: It can be included the Summit attempt to Tolima volcano, adding one day between day 2 and 3