¡The best of Cocuy in three days!
From $481,500 COP Colombian Pesos
5 am: 5 am arrival to Cocuy town
- Welcome breakfast
- Register and introduction at the National Park Office
- Patrimonial and cultural tour around town
- Traditional lunch (Additional drinks not included)
- In the afternoon, we will participate in a workshop and an experiential tour where you will be involved in the wool processes and the ancient salt dynamics that have place between this culture and the Casanare tribes. The afternoon will be finished with a delicious traditional snack and a beautiful souvenir made by Cocuy craftswomen.
- Back to the Hotel and free time.
This first day will allow the visitor to have a proper rest from the bus travel and start a proper acclimatization.
6 am: Breakfast and starting.
- Private vehicle drive 1 to 1.3 hours until the trek starting point.
- We will reach the high La Cueva (the cave) where we will start having possibilities to see the Glacier range, and this will be the beginning of the route to the Pulpito del Diablo.
Once there, our trekking will start along the Lagunillas river Valley, we will pass beautiful Páramo ecosystems and wet lands. Reaching the middle of the valley we will start going higher, reaching the old lake La Plazuela, and then arrive to the place called El Hotelito, we will take a break and prepare ourselves to summit the rabbit´s High, this will be a slowly climbing, taking a breath while we can enjoy the spectacular view of Pan de Azucar glacier, Campanillas negro and blanco, and the amazing colored lakes at the middle of the cannon.
After an approximation using the flat stone huge balconies, we will get closer to the glacier until 20 meters from it, from this spot we will enjoy the panoramic, take pictures, drink water and have some snack to eat and get more energies, and then start the descending.
We will take a different path, passing by a nice Páramo and the Tablonera lake, in this place, some months of the year we can find migrating duck flocks. Close to the end, we will head to the white cave and then arrive to the farm La Esperanza, where we can rest and have a very nice dinner, cooked by the owners.
- 7 am: 6 am: Delicious farm breakfast.
- We will start the trek to the Lake Laguna Grande de la Sierra and the Cóncavos glacier border. Along this route, we will have the opportunity to meet the Andean high cloud forest, then, one of the most beautiful waterfall of the park, and arrive to 4000 meters to cross the Frailejones Valley. After that, we will start ascending more continual, until reaching the Big Lake, and then go up to the view point of the glacier border, where we will have time to rest, taking pictures, drink some water and eat our snack.
- We will go back using the same path until the farm La Esperanza, where our vehicle will be waiting for us to take us back to Cocuy, and at night take the bus back to Bogotá.
- Sun glasses with uv filter (not using it can cause eye damage and temporal blindness) Headlamp
- Bottle for water and some hydrating beverage.
- Concerning the clothing we are going to wear like the three layers mountain theory. Cap, night head cover, gloves, spare socks.
- Sun screen with a high quality uv protection filter. Trekking poles (optional)
- Mountain boots or trekking boots
- A day back pack between 20 to 40 lts
- Personal medication and health care items.
Note: Please try to take as least equipment as you can.
Nacional Park entrance cost Emergency Insurance policy
- Private 4WD vehicle transportation for the internal transports 3 Breakfast, 1 lunch at the town, 1 dinner for day 2
- 2 Trekking lunch for day 2 and 3 Snacks
- Patrimonial and cultural tour
- Workshop and experiential tour Local Guides for the 3 days
- 2 nights in Hotel and Farm (accommodation depending on the availability at the booking agreement date)
Trip souvenir made by local craftswome
Transport from and to Bogotá or origin city. Day 1 dinner
Services not specified before.
Visit to Güican hot springs
- Private transport from Bogotá, Medellín or Bucaramanga
- Split the way from Bogota to Cocuy (or when coming back) in two days, visiting the traditional Soata town exploring the surroundings of the big Soata cannon.
One or two days visit to another beautiful mountain town in Boyaca, Monguí described internationally as the most beautiful Páramo. And where the main economical factor is the leather handcrafts, like soccer balls.